Marraiges are made in heaven but we have to try and make it WORK here.

Remember the three "F"s in a successful marriage.
"F"riendship
"F"reedom
"F"orgiveness
You are each others "F"riend, give each other "F"reedom and "F"orgive each other at times.

Never expect too much from any relationship if you want it to work. If you give more then you expect you will always be happy.


Much has written about couples made for each other and being opposites but attract each other. Now let me write about my best half. He is no doubt a gem of a person but sometimes if I say yes to something he will say no. In somethings he does not like to listen to me. I think he thinks that if he listens to everything I say then I might sit on his head.

In some things we are east and west but I always give up so thats why we have been together since 39 years , next year we will be completing 40 years of married life. Whenever we are going out I only choose his dress, usually he wears dhoti and shirt or kurta only for any functions. In that he listens to me. Today he was wearing the dhoti on the wrong side, when I told him he was not listening to me first then somehow listened to me and wore it on the right side. He does not like watching Hindi Channels much whereas I like to watch.

I am lucky that he comes with me to visit my friends and that is why I could meet so many ILites from different places. He is very simple but at the same time he is strict also and for him ellu na ennaiya irukkanam, means whenever he says to do something should be done immediately.

“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
“Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.”
~Kahlil Gibran on love